Thing 9: The Cloud

I have no idea what I would do without a cloud account these days.  For work purposes I have used cloud services for many years.  

We currently use, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and Amazon Drive.
Each has their own benefits and they are easy to maintain as everything updates automatically.
They are also compatible with a variety of platforms such as microsoft office and Apple pages etc. 
Google even has it's own platform (google docs, sheets etc)

The main benefit of the cloud is the ability to quickly update information for other team members (such as financial administrators, HR officers etc) who may be working to a deadline, all team members can also work together on the same document at the same time.  Another benefit is I can stop working on something at work and immediately pick up where I left off when I get home or even if I'm in a quiet corner of Starbuck's 🙈  I'm confident enough with our subscription service that we are well protected and secure.  
Our workforce are quite tech savvy and the majority of them are completing their SVQ Levels 3 and 4 so they are also lovers of the cloud functions and they can collaborate with each other and their tutor to ensure their work is correct for submission.

Again, each area of technology used within the business is teeming with possibilities and as well as it works now, there will always be improvements to make things better and easier for us.

BM

Comments