Journey To Improvement

I am starting a journey through the SSSC learning environment.  By doing this I’m hoping to enhance my leadership skills and be able to encourage my workforce to follow the same journey.  The world of care is in need of a huge change, a shift from ‘the usual’ to the unusual, a realisation that we are working towards creating a better life for those we care for and not just looking after them until the inevitable end.  Why?  Because they deserve it and they have a right to it.  Someone’s life should not be dictated by staffing levels, their freedom should not be compromised by lack of space in their bedrooms or not enough seating in communal areas. If we are truly carers we should be pulling out all the stops to make sure we help to enrich their lives as much as we can for as long as we can.
My name is Brian Murray, I am the registered manager for Abbey Court in Glasgow, we opened in May 2018 and have 26 bedrooms for people over 65.  This has been my first blog.

Our homepage


Comments